Pickled Hot Banana Pepper Rings
We use banana pepper pickle rings on so many different things. Some of my favorite uses are on sandwiches,in salads,on pizza, and just straight up. This is a hot pepper ring recipe but can easily be jazzed up or toned down to suit your own taste.
- 1 lb Banana Chile Peppers (Hot or Sweet) I use hot
- 2 cups Distilled Vinegar
- 2 cups Bottled Spring Water
- 1¼ cups Sugar
- 1 tsp. Celery Seeds
- 1 tsp. Yellow Mustard seed
- Slice the banana peppers into ¼ to ½ inch rings. Remove the seeds and pith.
- Pack pepper rings well into hot sterilized pint jars.
- Bring all other ingredients to a boil in a non-reactive pot. Simmer for 5 mins. (Stainless Steel is best).
- Carefully ladle the hot pickling juice over the pepper rings. Wipe jar tops clean, cap and tighten screw band finger tight.
- Place jars in boiling water bath for 15 mins.
- I usually wait 1 week or two before serving to ensure optimal flavor. Enjoy!!
Recipe type: Pickles,Condiments
Serves: 5 pints